Effective Date: March 2, 2020
Granite Ridge Builders, Inc. (the “Company,” “us” or “we”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through compliance with this Policy. The Company provides or otherwise makes available to you certain online services, including our Websites, software, software add-ins, and other online programs, as well as related products and services we may offer to you (collectively, the “Services”). This Policy discloses the privacy practices and possible uses of information that graniteridgebuilders.com (our “Website”) collects via the Services. This Policy also covers how personal and other information that we receive or collect about you is treated. Please read the information below to learn the following regarding your use of this Website.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us in the manner in the manner noted in Section 6.
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE WEBSITE AND/OR OFFERINGS AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
California Residents: For information relating to California residents, please visit
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are, when you use the Services, such as registering for an account, downloading or obtaining an initial quote for a product or service, submitting content and/or posting content in the user forums, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself.
Examples of PII may include your first and last name, email address, postal mailing address (including city, state or province zip code), telephone and facsimile numbers, as well as other identifying information such as IP address, user and device name and geolocation.
You may choose not to provide certain of this information, by simply not entering or providing the information, but as a result, you may not be able to take advantage of some or all of our Services. Or you may withdraw your consent to use your PII at any time, by clearing or blocking cookies as described in Section 4 or utilizing the contact information provided in Section 6.
We do not disclose PII to third parties, except (1) when we have your permission, (2) when the disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the information was obtained, as disclosed herein, (3) when the third party is acting on behalf of us to provide or manage the Website or the Services, (4) when required by applicable law, or (5) where otherwise stated in this Policy.
Some recipients to whom we disclose your PII may be located in jurisdictions outside your jurisdiction of residence, and, as a result, your PII may be used, stored or accessed in countries outside of your jurisdiction of residence. In such cases, the PII will be subject to the laws of the country in which it is situated, and these jurisdictions may not have an equivalent level of data protection as those in your country.
(b) Aggregate Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Website and what other websites may have directed you to us. This information, which is collected in a variety of different ways, is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the Website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that points to the website you just came from, which URL you go to after visiting our Website, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
2. How We Collect and Use Information. We do not collect any PII about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain PII to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Website. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Website; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; or (e) submitting a form or transmitting other information by telephone or letter.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
(b) Other Tracking Technologies. Such technologies (such as Web Beacons and Flash Cookies) may record information such as Internet domain and host names, IP addresses, browser software and operating systems, and dates and times of use. We may also use Google Analytics to collect information regarding your behavior, demographics, and geolocation or to help us to better develop Website Content. For more information about Google Analytics, go to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. You can also opt out by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. Click here [http://www.graniteridgebuilders.com/do-not-track-disclosure] for information about how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
4. User Choices on Collection and Use of Information. We may, from time to time, send you email regarding new products and services that we feel may interest you. In addition, if you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us and our partners, we may occasionally call or send you direct mail about products and services that may be of interest to you. Only Company (or agents working on behalf of Company and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these solicitations, and only if you have previously indicated that you wish to receive them. If you do not want to receive solicitations from us, you can “opt-out” by accessing your account online editing your account information to no longer receive such offers and mailings.
You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described above. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our Website may not work properly in your case. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please visit [http://www.graniteridgebuilders.com/california-privacy-notice].
5. Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose Aggregated Information about our users without restriction. We may disclose PII that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information on opting out of disclosures, see Section 4.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your PII:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Granite Ridge Builders, Inc.
Attn: Marketing Director
1020 Woodland Plaza Run
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
We encourage you to promptly update your PII if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, some information, such as past transactions, logs of technical support calls, or other information may not be deleted. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
7. Security of Your PII. At our Website you can be assured that we take the protection of your PII seriously. We employ measures to protect your PII against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction thereof utilizing security measures, including physical, organization and technological measures consistent with current industry standards. For example:
- We work hard to ensure that the data we collect is reliable, accurate, complete and current. We encrypt all PII, in order to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to us. We also only keep collected information only for as long as reasonably necessary and use it only for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- We limit access to PII only to specific employees, contractors and agents who have a reasonable need to come into contact with your information. For example, we may provide members of our technical support team with limited access to your account in order to allow them to troubleshoot problems you may be having with the Website.
- Additionally, we also employ a number of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect PII. Our secure servers and our data centers are protected by industry-standard encryption, and our servers reside behind firewalls and employ high-level password protection.
- Finally, access by you to your PII is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your PII, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed.
(a) Intended Audience. You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this Website. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose PII about minor visitors.
(b) Voluntary Public PII Disclosure. You should also be aware that when Personally Identifiable Information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, email address) in the discussion forums or other public areas on this Website, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages (including unwanted spam messages) from third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this Policy does not apply to such information. Please consult our Website Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement for our Website Conduct policies [www.graniteridgebuilders.com/terms-of-use].
(c) California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit [http://www.graniteridgebuilders.com/california-privacy-notice].